First things first: my friend and I made a tumblr! So it only has a picture on it right now but we are planning to write a story from different characters’ POV so if you could check it out and follow it it would mean the world to us! (and we also follow back 😉 ) Click here to visit us ❤
Long short story: this two past months I didn’t follow my reading challenges. At all. I made this TBR jar where each and every unread book I own is on a piece of paper, so that I could pick up a piece at least once a week and diminish my unread pile. What happened? I think that after my “May Manga” challenge… I forgot everything about TBR jars and pieces of paper. And now I’ve realised that I only have one “free month” because university starts in August and I don’t know if I’ll have that much time to read at my leisure. That’s why I’m reading a lot right now. And I already have quite a pile of books to finish until the end of the month;
- My re-read of Crown of Midnight for the ToGReadathon (join me! Details here)
- At least three e-arcs to read and review
- I Was Here for the Curious Book Geeks instagram bookclub (I couldn’t read last month’s book so this time I’m determined to read this month’s book!)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling
- Torn, as well as Ascend, the second and third book in the Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking
- Looking for Alaska by John Green (that I must finish this time)
- Beautiful Dead 1: Jonas by Eden Maguire (that has been sitting on my shelf for the past 2 years)
and maybe two or three volumes of manga that I know will just pop-up like that in my goodreads challenge.
It’s not that I’m late for my goodreads challenge. In fact, I think that I’m at 72 books ahead of schedule (thanks to you, #MayManga!). But while I destroyed my goodreads challenge, I’m now late for the Popsugar Reading Challenge. (read about it here) True, I have some months left before the end of the year so I think I should be able to finish it, but there are so many books that have been on my TBR for ever and that I must read as well!
On another hand, reading challenges are mostly done for fun. So maybe I shouldn’t stressed on it as much as I do…? Anyway, what about you? Do you have reading challenges? Or do you just read for fun? Tell me in the comments below!