The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided
- Nominate ten other bloggers
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them on their nomination.
I’m gonna go with Camyll’s questions first because she was the first to nominate me 🙂
1. How did you come up with your blog name?
Well back in January/February, when I was starting to write book reviews on goodreads, I thought that I could create a blog where I could talk endlessly about the things I like, namely books. I chose Dat Little Blog because, first, I had (and still have) an obsession with the word ‘dat’. For example, my instagram name is datbookishgirl while my twitter is datpiratewitch (TBT to when I thought about a story with a kickass pirate witch main character). So to continue with my weird obsession, I thought about Dat Little Blog. And I like to think that it’s very original 😉
2. What colour(s) best describe you?
Hmm maybe orange and/or yellow. I’m very… bubbly and enthusiastic about everything, even mundane things. And I’m weird. And lazy. (I don’t really know what colours mean laziness… 🙂 ) hehe
3. Who are your top 5 heroines?
5 – Violet Fairdale from the Creepy Hollow series by Rachel Morgan
Violet is kickass, courageous, brave, intelligent, sarcastic… She’s an amazing heroine whom I loved reading about!
4 – Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
What can I say about Hermione, besides her being the brightest witch of her age 😉 ?
3 – Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson and the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan
Annabeth is amazing. She’s intelligent. courageous, determined… She’s one of the most amazing character I’ve ever read about.
2 – Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas
Seriously. Celaena though. She is… so… badass. Enough said.
1 – Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Please don’t kill me, but I think that Katniss is the embodiment of badass heroines. Siriusly. She survived the games twice. She must put up about the craziness that these games are all about. She does everything she can for her family to survive. She creates a rebellion (well, this actually was not what she was expecting… but still.) She doesn’t give a damn about appearances. Pretty much… She’s normal. And I love her.
4. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
5. Which fictional character can you mostly relate to?
Leo from the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. I am the one who makes the jokes among my friends but I sometimes feel like I’m the extra wheel…
6. Do you trust anyone with your books?
Yes and no. I trust only two of my friends, and to some extent my grand ma and my mom, but otherwise nope. Right now I’m making more recommendations and I’m not lending any of my books to anyone.
7. What is your favourite word in English? Least favourite?
I never actually thought much about favourite words…. So maybe my favourite is creative, and my least favourite is hypocrite. It’s not really the word that I don’t like, more like what it means.
8. What is your biggest success up to now?
I would say, writing a full book that I’ve been wanting to. I was 12 and I wrote it in french, and my friends really liked it, so I think that it’s one of my biggest accomplishment. 🙂
9. If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently?
There’s still a part of me that regrets not staying at Loreto Convent to do my secondary years. When I just got my results I remember being very happy getting a “star school”, but now I think that maybe things would have been different if I had stayed there. I don’t regret going to Forest Side SSS, but… There’s still that little part saying “If I hadn’t gone…”
10. If you were to write your own book, who would be the person that gets to read it first?
My mom. She hasn’t read any of my previous writings yet (mostly because I’m kind of shy about them) but I’m now drafting yet another one and I really want her to tell me what she thinks about it once I’ll be done.
And that was it for Camyll’s questions! Now onto Nicole’s!
1. Why do you like reading?
Because it enables us to visit countless worlds and live countless adventures without having to move away. Reading really is an amazing adventure. ❤
2. If you were to choose one book from your “read” list, which ONE would be your favourite read?
Tough question 😉 I would go with Old Magic by Marianne Curley. Everytime I read this book it’s like I discover it for the first time 🙂
3. Why did you start blogging in the first place?
I wanted to talk about books, anime, and fangirl about them in one place, so I created this blog. I have another blog that I co-owned with my best friend, but it really wasn’t that successful, so I thought it was better to try on another platform.
4. Do you eat or drink something while you’re reading? What is it?
Yes! Most of the time I drink tea or water 😀 As to the eating part, it changes everytime. Sometimes it’s my breakfast or lunch, other times it’s biscuits… But I try not to do it often, because eating while reading doesn’t let me really concentrate on my book (even though I usually read while watching a TV show… 😉 )
5. What did you do last week? Did you have a good week?
Last week I took some book pictures outside, I had to help my mom with the laundry, I helped with baking, I became less dependent on instagram (yay!) but more on tumblr and pinterest (boohoo!), I had to prevent my books from dying, resulting in a lack of space to put my shoes, which are now everywhere in my room. Oh, and I also watched an anime. Yay me! Yes I think it was a good week, not very productive but a good week nonetheless 😀
6. Would you rather watch anime or read manga?
Gosh, Nicole, you came with very tough questions! This is very hard, as sometimes in mangas there are more details and backstory and I love the fact that it’s always ahead on the anime. On the other hand, animes have very beautiful art style and it’s amazing to see your characters come to life and have a voice of their own! So I would say… anime. Just because I watch more anime than read manga 😉
7. If you were granted one wish, what would you wish for?
Hmm it would be generic if I asked for world peace, so instead it would be equal rights for everyone everywhere, irrespective of your gender, race, religion, skin colour etc. I’m actually a bit of a feminist and I’m planning to specialise myself into human rights law after completing my degree. (that I have yet to start 😀 )
8. What’s your favourite colour and why?
BLUE!!! I love that colour so much! It’s so calming and peaceful, and can be so light and so dark! I have an obsession with getting everything blue, particularly my clothes and shoes 😀
9. If you were to live a life of a book character, who would you be? And why?
That one’s hard…. Let me think…. Hmmm…. Annabeth Chase. Because she’s courageous, brave, intelligent… And Percy’s her boyfriend XD
10. Dresses or Trackies and shirt?
While I love wearing dresses, trackies and shirt are much more comfortable 😛 so trackies and shirt!
Yay so that was it! Thank you wonderful people for tagging me 😀
My questions are:
- How did you get into reading?
- What’s the first book that got you into fandoms (and OTPs etc…)?
- If you could choose one of your favourite fictional worlds to become real, which one would you choose and why?
- Are you more tea or coffee?
- Who is your last book crush?
- What’s your most recent obsession?
- What’s your favourite genre and what are your favourite books in this particular genre?
- If you could choose to have a superpower, which one would you choose and why?
- Writer, reader, or both?
- If you had to be a pokemon, which one would you be? Any particular reason(s) why?
And I’m tagging…
- Varsh @ Words Are Magic Galore
- Rach @ Rach Reads Books
- Pavi @ For The Love of Fictional Worlds
- Becca @ Becca And Books
- Candy @ The Bookish Girl
- Sanovia @ Creatyve Books
- Mara @ Across The Books
- Beatrice @ Beatrice Learns To Read
- Rexanne @ Reading_Rexy
- Sushmita @ Fervently Curious
So that is it! If ever I’ve tagged you and you already did this tag, then I’m sorry! And if you want to do this tag but I haven’t tag you, you are more than welcome to do it!
[p.s: I thought about the pokemon question because my sister is playing pokemon right now XD ]
See you next time!