I think it’s my fourth nomination to do this marvellous award 😀 Thank you Nicole @ Nymphadora Winterfell for nominating me! Love you ❤ Check out her post here, and don’t forget to follow her! She’s a new and wonderful blogger!
The rules are:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers you think are deserving of this award
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Okay! Here we go!
1. What is your favourite book? And why?
Hmmm… I have a lot of books that I consider to be my favourites and one of them is Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. The writing’s gripping, the world amazing and original and the characters relatable. I recommend this book to everyone!
2. Where do you read?
I read everywhere 😛 On my bed, in the kitchen, at school, even in the toilet 😉 But my favourite place to read is on my bed
3. What book/books would you recommend to someone who likes fantasy?
Yay! I did a post on some of my recommendations of fantasy books I’ve read this year! (my post here 🙂 ) Other recommendations include: the Throne of Glass series by SJ Maas, which is freaking AMAZING *O* , anything by the master of sassiness AKA Rick Riordan and The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black.
4. What sort of music are you into?
I listen to very different genres: pop, pop rock, rock, metal, alternative, dance, classic… But right now I’m into soundtrack. Movie soundtracks, video game soundtracks (I’m having the soundtrack of Heroes of Might and Magic V by Paul Romero and Rob King on repeat), anime soundtrack (right now it’s everything by Hiroyuki Sawano: Guilty Crown, Aldnoah.Zero, The Seven Deadly Sins, Kill LA Kill, Seraph of the End, Blue Exorcist, Attack on Titan…) and everything like Two Steps From Hell (which produces amazing classic and book-inspiring songs!)
5. Do you watch TV shows and what are they?
I don’t watch a lot of series like I did one/two years ago, but these past months I’ve watched Jane The Virgin, The Librarians, NCIS: New Orleans and Scorpion. Maybe I’ve watched other TV shows too but right now I’m remembering only these.
6. What do you usually do on a normal weekday?
Moving around 😛 This trend is going to change with me going to Uni now, but otherwise: I wake up late (mostly because I went to sleep late), put the clothes to dry (if any), eat a lot for breakfast and take my lunch late, read, play on my tablet, take some pictures with my books outside to upload on instagram later on, do nothing for a while, sleep (sometimes), imagine plots and subplots for novels I’ll never write, and then when I’m decided to do something productive my mom comes back from work and I realise that my day is over.
7. If you were to live a book character’s life, who would you want to be?
Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson series. She’s amazing. She’s one of my heroines. *O*
8. Where are you from in the world?
I’m from Mauritius 🙂 A little dot in the immense Indian Ocean 🙂 It’s a muti-cultural country where most of the people talk mauritian creole (a mixture of french, english, hindi, swahili (I think?)…) and where you always get the best (and worst) of Summer for six months straight XD BOOYA!!!
9. Are you a shy or loud person?
When you know me at the beginning, you may think that I’m a shy person. Then things go down 😉 I’m not very loud, like a lot of my friends, but I’m the all-right-loud type XD
10. Why did the chicken cross the road?
….Because it was in a hurry?…. I’m sorry Nicole, I don’t know that joke XD
11. Do you ever read aloud?
So far nope. I’m not a read aloud person. But I’m a expressing-myself-over-something-that-happened-in-the-book-very-loudly person. Hope that makes sense 😉
Here go the random facts!
1. I’m short for my age (I’m 1 m 56/57 and I’m 19…)
2. I’m the eldest in my family and sometimes I feel like I need an elder brother or sister 😦
3. As far as I remember, I’ve always imagined stories.
4. Today as I went shopping with my family I saw a blouse but couldn’t buy it because I didn’t have enough money. And now all I’m thinking about is how badly I need to have it lol.
5. My blog is lacking reviews right now because I’m on an internet-spree. (translated to: I need to surf and play; reading later)
6. I hate strawberries. Even smelling them makes me sick.
7. I’m a godmother 😀 One of my greatest joys in life ❤ I mean, look at her:
8. I did ballet when I was 7 but stopped when I was…10? I never enjoyed doing classical dance. I only did it because my mum made me do it.
9. I played the violin for almost 5 years. I had to stop two years ago to focus on my last school years but now that it’s over, I don’t know how to take it back by myself… I’m a little afraid actually Of what? Don’t ask me. I don’t even know myself.
10. I have a lot of irrational fears. Such as slipping and falling on the road while wearing heels.
11. My strong dislike of mathematics got me ranked 7th in my As Level examinations. 7th in the whole of Mauritius. At subsidiary level. I don’t even like maths. What the hell is wrong with me?
So that was it! I hope you enjoyed reading this! I’m not going to tag anyone, but if you want to do this award, feel free to answer Nicole’s questions! See you soon!