It’s time for Random Friday! If you’re new to my blog and you don’t know what it is about, here I’ll tell you: it’s a meme, which can be weekly or monthly or just whatever you want it to be, where I post about… Totally random things. The choice about what to post is totally up to you. And of course, I’ll be delighted if you could join me too 😉
Today I’ve decided to type up a recipe! I discovered it last month and I couldn’t stop doing it for weeks and weeks… And it’s so easy. Trust me, it comes from someone who’s an expert at microwaving food. Pain perdu is a french recipe and, if I am not mistaken, in english it means “french toast”.
So… let’s get started!
- bread (preferably stale) – a loaf will be enough
- approximately 75 cl of full cream milk (you may add more if you want)
- 20 g of butter
- Flaked almonds (depends on your taste)
- 2 eggs
- 60 g of sugar
- Essence (lemon, almond, orange…) if you want
Preparation: approx. 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Resting time: 20 minutes
Total time: approx. 1 hour
- Butter a baking dish. Cut slices from your bread, and each slice must be approximately 1.5 cm. I didn’t measure mine, just so you know 😉 Also, butter your slices a bit.
- Sort your slices of bread in an orderly manner in your baking dish.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and the sugar, add the milk and the essence (if ever you want to perfume it with a specific flavour).
4. Preheat the oven on thermostat 6. Pour the milk mixture onto the bread and leave the slices to soak for 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkles with almond (if ever you want to) and leave to cook for 30 minutes.
And that is it! Leave it to cool, make some tea or some cappuccino, and you’re set for the afternoon tea!
And thus, I wish you…
See you all soon for another post! And do tell me if you have tried it out or not!
Love you all ❤